Today’s topic is “6 movies that make you cry.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .
I do, in fact, cry at most anything when it comes to movies, but there are some that are worse than others.
1. Titanic – I remember sobbing so hysterically even AFTER the movie was over the first time I saw it that I almost couldn’t drive home. My boyfriend went to the bathroom when it was over and I just remember standing in a corner bawling my eyes out. I cried like crazy every subsequent time I saw in the theater too. All 5 of them.
2. Gladiator – I have yet to make it through that movie without crying. When he starts to reunite with his family in the afterworld, I lose it. That and I love Russell Crowe and the thought of anything tragic happening to him is enough to move me to tears, too.
3. Field of Dreams – so many parts make me cry. When Moonlight Graham steps over the line, I just want to jump up and stop him. And when Ray gets to play catch with his dad, I sob too.
4. Rudy – When Rudy gets to go into the game, I bawl. It helps that I’m a huge Notre Dame football fan, but it’s a great story of the underdog.
5. Backdraft – I remember a friend telling me to bring a box of Kleenex when I went to see this movie. I’m sure glad I did. The funeral procession part alone was at least a 10 Kleenex moment.
6. The Lion King – I cried during the previews. Yes, we were at Disney World and they showed a preview and I had tears streaming down my face. So imagine what the actual movie did to me.